Montevallo is home to the Alabama Epsilon Chapter of Chi Alpha Sigma, a national college athlete honor society.
Chi Alpha Sigma is the first national scholar-athlete society to honor those collegiate student-athletes who have excelled in both the classroom and in athletic competition. Chi Alpha Sigma recognizes college students who receive a varsity letter in their sport while maintaining a 3.4 or higher cumulative GPA throughout their junior and senior years.
The governing board represents all levels of competition in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). Its purposes are as follows:
- To encourage and reward high academic scholarship of college athletes at four-year accredited colleges and universities;
- To recognize outstanding academic achievement by intercollegiate varsity letter winners;
- To encourage good citizenship, moral character, and friendship among the high academic achievers in college athletics;
- To recognize and honor the individual athlete, his/her team, sport, athletic department, and college or university;
- To mentor and to provide leadership to other athletes.
Membership in local chapters is an honor bestowed upon selected student-athletes. Selection for membership is by an Athletic Department designee in consultation with the individual's head coach and is based on outstanding scholarship, earned athletic letter winner, and excellent character and citizenship.
Pablo Martell - Baseball - 2013
Austin Dubberly - Baseball - 2012
Stephen Beatty - Men's Soccer - 2011
Kodi Bobo - Women's Tennis - 2010
Tripp Cash - Men's Golf - 2009